Sunday, October 23, 2011

Family Day

Looking up to the top
Well today was a family Fun day and we headed to Snow Planet for some snow fun!

The drive is about 1 hour from door to door which was a little bit longer than I thought.

But we got there - decided who was doing what - skiing or snowboards - the kids and me chose boarding and hubby decided on skiing.
We got all suited up, boots on and headed out!

The kids enjoyed themselves altho Courtney being so skinny felt the cold pretty quickly despite layering up.

Hubby and Courtney all ready to go
Hubby had the most fun - even tho its not really his thing

Liam found it a bit hard and started getting cold

Liam all ready to begin
And as for me - well I thought I could have managed the snowboarding but I couldn't and when I changed over to the skiing - the ski boots killed my calves! So I was in them for about 20 minutes and didn't even get to ski at all as the pain was too much.

I will admit that I was disappointed that I was unable to enjoy the day and thought that it would have gone a lot better but I guess at the end of the day when you are weighing 115kgs alot more effort is needed for sports orientated events.

Next time it will be better!

No comments: