Saturday, February 21, 2009

5KM Walk Update!!!


Well I had the Clevedon SUB Stride or Ride walk this morning, of which I was hesitant to go as I had a bad tummy this morning and wasn't sure I would be able to finish!
But since I had pleaded with my friend to do it with me I had to turn up!
Well the weather in Auckland was dodgy yesterday and wasn't looking too good this am but it was on.
So off I headed and it went well altho my daughters MP3 player didn't work for me so it was a quiet walk (My friend is alot taller than me so her stride is longer so off she went)
My friend finished 8th overall for the 5km walk so that was awesome!!
And I finished:
18th!!!! Yes that is right in the top 20 I couldn't believe it and I also improved my time from last year by 10minutes!!!! WOO HOO TO ME!!! (Final time was 48mins!!!)So as a treat for doing so well I purchased a Sarah Ulmber top as pictured above (she is the main person behind the SUB series)!!!
I am so proud of myself for this achievement it is the best re-motivation I can get at the moment!!!

Ciao

1 comment:

Lyn said...

WOW that's awesome. Well done - you deserve to be proud, you did soooooo
well. Bet your family are real proud of you too.