Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bungy Update

As I mentioned the other day, I was in Queenstown last weekend with my best friend.
She was down there for a work conference and since it was her birthday on the Friday we decided that I would fly down and spend the weekend with her!

We had a blast - altho Queenstown is very expensive.

She has the photos on her camera so I can only show you one of the bungy ones I have managed to down load for now.

This is her and I just before we jumped!
Notice I am holding on to the bar still!

I will be honest - I chickened out of my solo jump - I just couldn't bring myself to "fall" off the ledge - but I really wanted to do it!
Since Ang loved her solo she was more than happy to do a tandem with me, and if you jump again on the same day it was only another $60.00 for her to jump!

So we got strapped up and away we went!

Once I can get the other Bungy photos to upload I will post them!

When you are strapped together you are to hold onto the other persons harness at the back and put your free hand out to the side!
Well - I freaked out straight away and my free hand went straight to Angs shoulder and didn't leave! so all you see in the other photos is her face and my side or my big bum! (hilarious)

I shut my eyes and screamed the whole way down!

I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

BUT I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I had worked myself up to jump and when I couldn't do the solo - I was so upset with myself as I had placed so my significance on this jump!
To me it was to symbolise the releasing of the old me - who put up barriers for not succeeding at weight loss, who made excuses to not exercise - I wanted to throw the old me off and emerge a new me!
A person who will succeed at her goals
A person who will put the focus where it needs to be
A person who will face her fear and overcome it anyway!

So to do the solo with my best friend was perfect - she is there for me in any way that I need her and vice versa!

And yes since Saturday  - I have been a focused girl - I am exercising a lot more, eating great and really working on me!

Watch out World here I come!

1 comment:

Hannah Houshangi said...

Wow. I couldn't bungy - just way too chicken. I'm impressed you did it - Tandom or not!!!!! Btw, I am a fellow New Zealander (God Bless Chch) and also a fellow 'weight loss blogger'! It's always nice to follow kiwi's because they understand what a kilo lost is lol.