Friday, March 18, 2011

Personal Style..................

I recently viewed/read Ms Bitch cakes latest Vblog (which I loved by the way) instalment that covered Personal Style and it left me thinking...........................

I love her style, the silhouette of her figure that is created by her clothes is very feminine, she always looks "perfect" and the time she invests in her hair and make-up is impressive, although she has it down to a fine art now that it takes her no time at all now to get ready.

You should check out her blog and see how great she looks while out running, biking, or stair climbing - awesome!

I have long wondered if I could reproduce it - but have had trouble locating the gorgeous pencil skirts that she wears here in NZ
Its not that they don't exist - they do - it is more that they don't appear to exist in my size! (or at least I can't seem to locate any in my price range!)

So this lead me to think more about Sheryl's post about personal style and how someone asked her why she gets dressed up for errands and she basically said WHY NOT!!!

She listed the following points in that post:
  1. When you look good, you feel good.
  2. Knowing you look good improves your mood and outlook.
  3. You never know what that day has in store for you or who you might meet, or run into.
  4. Looking good gives you a sense of confidence and self assurance.
  5. And finally, seriously, why wouldn't you want to look good?

These points above are so true - and something I need to remember when preparing for my day - whether it is at work, watching the kids sports or popping down to do a spot of shopping!

 I know I have been caught out in my trackies and old t-shirt while running an errand by my more fashionable friends and felt about 1 foot tall! - Not a nice feeling at all

 So the questions I need to ask myself  are:

What IS my personal style???
What do I really want to wear everyday?
What look do I want to portray to the world?

These can't be answered overnight and require a bit of thinking and research into exactly the look I want which at the moment is a bit  muddled!

So stay tuned for the follow up!

No comments: