Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 18 28 Day Challenge..........

Well what a busy little life I am leading at the moment - it is hectic and todays post is quite relevant with me at the moment and I find myself snacking away!

So if you are like me and a fellow snack queen - listen up:

Annette Tells us:


I wonder if snacking came up in the last lot of questions we just did? Because for many, if you eat in between meals you may be doing this out of habit or boredom rather than hunger. Next time you go to have a snack ask yourself first "am I hungry?" or am I eating for emotional reasons.. What I did to change this debilitating habit was to recognise the feelings that I was having and changed my habits to good habits. I am a snacker, yes I admit it. I really enjoy something in between meals. I have been a snacker all my life both when I was fat and slim, the difference now as a slim person is the choices I make are much healthier. In the days when I was heavy I would just graze all day long, which for some can be a good way to live but if its lollies, chips, chocolate and cookies then it will impact your health and weight, hence why I was so overweight..

So Let’s look at why we may snack:
Do you eat because you are hungry or for pleasure?
A true sign of hunger is hunger pangs; you know there are rumbles in the tummy, which normally happens 4 to 5 hours after you have eaten. If you are the type of person who doesn't like to eat in between meals then snacking isn't a problem.
 If you do enjoy a snack like so many of us then you need to make the right choices when it comes to your eating regime. The best way to go when it comes to weight loss or maintaining a health lifestyle is to do what works best for you, whether it be eating 3 meals a day only or having smaller meals throughout the day or maybe like the majority of us who have 3 meals and 2-3 set of snacks each day.

Making sure that we have healthy options available to snack on will help us in our weight loss journey.
and remember that the worse time to overload is late at night, when you are often reading or watching television and then go to bed. Your body will then have to process the food while you sleep and that can explain why sometimes you may wake up feeling tired. Your body has had to work all night to process all the food you ate. It is also harder to go to sleep on a full stomach.

Not eating enough during the day can cause late night snack attacks, so make sure that you are not depriving yourself too much during the day that as soon as you get home and see the cupboards a full on eat attack happens and you haven't even eaten dinner yet!

Maybe a small apple on the way home will help starve off the hunger pangs untill you have time to prepare and eat dinner.

No comments: