Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 115/12 Answering the Why Question

I think it annoys me because of the breakdown in our friendship last year due to a few nasty ways she had spoken to me for no apparent reason, so I am not wanting to hear about anything in her life!.

I guess her success was annoying me as I was stagnating/gaining slowly and couldn’t get back into my 2008 groove!

There was a lot of praise going her way – which she deserved – But I guess if you tell everyone you are on the journey, then they are going to praise and encourage you along the way.

Maybe I wanted that love and praise as some areas in my life are feeling unloved and lonely! – maybe I need to tell everyone what I am doing, not assume that just because I am eating well and exercising that they will recognise it as a weight loss journey cause since I was going thru those motions the weight was going upwards not downwards – so they wouldn’t know then would they?

Oh the saying – What you eat in private you wear in public is so true as while I was going thru the good motions of exercise and eating healthily in front of people – alone I consumed too much of the wrong foods!!!!

I need to ponder this breakthrough a little bit more I think………….

But there was no way I was or am using her as an incentive

I need to do this for myself and I will succeed, it is not a race with someone to get to the finish line first – we both have different lives – she is an older single mom who lives alone – I have a family and husband at home that I need to take into account with my eating and exercising options.

My incentive needs to be for me, my health and fab clothes of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pinky

We each are on own journey. I am sad that she could not be supportive to you when you really needed it

All the best

trish