Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 116/11 Incentive or Not??

I have a person who is a regular in my life - and back in July 2008 she made a comment that I couldn’t loose 10 kg in time for my 40th birthday in the December of the same year.
I proved her wrong and lost 18kgs!!!
(Then last year I managed to put on 10 of those – eek)

Then in February while a few of us were at a charity walk, she passed a comment about using her as an incentive and I was thinking – I don’t think so (bit of history there with other issues and her not so nice comments to me on other things)

Now this lady was about 20 kgs from where she would like to be and has successfully lost 10 kgs in just over 16 weeks of the 20kg, and she has gone on and on about this journey and it has pissed me off for some reason – when she starts I just want to yell – “would you shut up about it already!”

So my question to myself is WHY – Why does it bother me so?? Why is her enthusiasm annoying me in this journey?? Why has the incentive of her loosing not inspired me to get off my butt and do it to – just to shut her up????

And I have no answer to this question…………………..

Thoughts to ponder more!

No comments: