Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 72/55 Pondering Processed Foods

Kazz over on her blog mentioned on her Sunday post about processed foods and it got me thinking.

How much processed food do I eat????

Breakfast options: Egg , toast, smoothie (milk, banana, yoghurt)
Lunch options: WW tuna, salad, sushi, tinned soup, ham
Dinner Options – Varies greatly so will need to look at it over a time to assess what is processed and what isn’t.

Snacks – Well that is probably where I fall down a bit!
WW bars, WW crinkle crisps, corn thins, crackers to name a few!
Oh and the good old Diet Coke – I consume one can a working day and then at least a 600 ml bottle each day in the weekend!

So over the coming week I am going to document my foods under processed and non processed foods and see exactly what I am eating and see where I can make some changes!

Do you eat alot of processed food????

3 comments:

Gae (GaeChann) said...

Hello Pinky - love your blog design - hehehe - same as mine!

I had a Challenge late last year to see if we could go one week without ANY processed food!

It was OK and if I remember I had a good loss but..... I couldn't eat any dairy as it's all processed!

So no cottage cheese, yoghurt or low-fat cheese! I love my dairy so added just that into the following week and that worked a treat for me!

When you think about it, ALL WW food that they try to sell to us at meetings is PROCESSED which means lots of chemicals!

I must admit that I have a real issue with this! On the one hand they say with have to change our eating habits to eat healthy food, then they flog all this rubbish!

Just my thoughts on the matter! I don't want anyone to be affended!

Have a great week! Gae oxoxo

Gae (GaeChann) said...

"affended"! wonder where that spelling came from!

Obviously meant offended! :)

Deb said...

I was going to write exactly what Gae said. I'm appalled at the WW foods. It encourages our sweet cravings, is full of horrible ingredients, and often is not much lower in points than the more natural version of that food. I was given a WW Sticky Date Pudding to make. It was tasteless and horrible. I took a mouthful and threw it out.
I do eat some processed foods, but not many. Milk is the main one. All my fruit and vegies are fresh - not tinned, frozen or juiced, except peas.
I don't eat much yoghurt.
Hmmm...I'll think about this topic a lot more over the next few days.