Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 95/32 Monday Madness

Now walk to work for me this morning – month end means I need to bring in my car – so that I can get the company banking done for the end of month cheques and I sometimes need to work a bit later depending on my work load and what needs to be finalised for month end – altho thankfully this is starting to not be needed!

With regards to company banking I get reimbursed for using my car and I don’t mind as it gets me out of the office for half and hour or so!

I receive an email update from Craig Harper a Motivational Speaker – www.craigharper.com.au and today’s was about motivation and how to maintain it especially when we aren’t feeling it – here is an exert that I thought you might enjoy:

So, how do we stay doing even when we don’t feel like it?
Naturally there’s no one-approach-fixes-all solution to this very common challenge. However, there are some strategies which certainly increase our chances of moving from the majority to the minority.
1. Create an accountability system. An accountability system is something (anything) that will keep you doing over the long term. It could be regular assessments (to evaluate progress) or it might be a performance journal (to track behaviours, results and even emotions).
2. Use a coach (mentor, trainer, accountability partner or workout-buddy). In other words, anyone who will help you stay focused and committed even when you’re being a negative pain in the arse.
3. Harden up Princess. I know, I know… this is just Craig being Macho. Wrong. Some of the toughest, strongest, most resilient and inspirational people I’ve met and worked with have been teeny-weeny (but incredibly powerful) women. Courage has nothing to do with physical size or strength and everything to do with attitude and spirit.
4. Always be mindful of the consequences of not changing. What will your life (body, career, financial situation, relationships) look like in five or ten years if you continue to procrastinate, delay and avoid?
5. Work hard to create life-transforming habits. When something is a habit, motivation is irrelevant.


Food for thought!

No comments: